The first time I discovered Spring was here in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
It was probably back in 2009, which means I was just turning 24, fresh-faced and yearning to see what Spring was like in a country that was still relatively foreign to me.
(I hadn’t yet moved to Argentina for good – I was here on a trip to visit Juan and celebrate our birthdays together that November.)
What struck me most were the amazing color hues that were everywhere.
I remember the violet of the flowers blooming in the trees; the brilliant blue of the afternoon sky, and the fresh green of the grass that grew in messy tufts.
I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed, but the tones of the sun’s rays are different in every season – and in Spring, they are a beautiful shimmery golden.
Because I’m an incredibly visual personal, these rich, vibrant colors that pop up everywhere during my favorite season make my heart stop.
The shades of green and yellow and blue brighten up my mood instantly, and I go slightly giddy taking it all in.
Today’s recipe is an ode to Spring and its gorgeous rainbow colors.
It’s a snack that takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, but lifts up your mood and instantly brightens up your table.
It’s an easy and colorful guacamole – prepared with lemon juice, mashed avocados, diced tomatoes and red onions – and served alongside bright yellow corn tortilla chips.
A magical, rainbow snack in only 15 minutes – how cool is that? ENJOY!
An easy and colorful guacamole – prepared in just 15 minutes – with lemon juice, mashed avocados, diced tomatoes and red onions – and served alongside bright yellow corn tortilla chips.
- 3 large, ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large bowl corn tortilla chips (or chips of your choice)
- Begin but slicing the avocados into halves, then remove the seeds, and scrape the flesh from the skin.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with the juice of 1 lemon until well combined.
- Dice the red onion and tomatoes into tiny pieces.
- Mix the onion and tomatoes with the mashed avocados all together.
- Add olive oil a little at a time until guacamole is smooth. Mix well.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips (or chips of your choice)
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Gluten-free