Super easy cornbread muffins with the perfect crumbly cornbread texture and just a hint of sweetness, these are perfect for eating with a generous drizzle of honey, or to accompany a big bowl of chili con carne. Make a batch in just 30 minutes, and serve this as a side dish or appetizer during Thanksgiving, or an anytime snack the whole year round. Gluten-free and dairy-free too, but you’d never know it!
- Preheat and Line Muffin Tine: Preheat the oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt together to combine.
- Whisk Wet Ingredients: In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, and almond milk.
- Prepare the Batter: Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk well until you get a thick and homogeneous pale yellow batter.
- Bake: Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin liners (fill each liner about 3/4 full). Bake for 20 minutes until the tops have browned slightly and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool: Let muffins cool slightly before eating.
Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour: I like to use a gluten-free flour blend that is made with lighter flours such as rice flour, potato starch starch and corn starch, and that already has xanthan gum (replacement for gluten) in the mix. I do not recommend using a flour blend made of heavier flours such as bean flours.
Almond Milk: I love using my 5-minute homemade almond milk, but you can also substitute it with any other non-dairy milk of your choice. Alternatively, if you are not lactose-intolerant, feel free to use normal dairy milk if you prefer.
How to Store/Freeze the Muffins: If not eating the cornbread muffins immediately, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To freeze, place the muffins in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Before eating, let the muffins thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature or heat them up slightly in the oven before eating.
Adapted from: My Cooking Spot
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cornbread muffins